2001V42 Worcester Street, Birmingham
|Title:||2001V42 Worcester Street, Birmingham|
Worcester Street, Birmingham, 1883
A Freeman Smith
* View of New Street Station with Worcester Street to the left. This is a view of New Street Station in central Birmingham in the 1880s. The long glass roof of the station can be seen on the right hand side. Just visible on the far right is the corner of the old Bull Ring Market Hall. This picture was probably painted a market day as wagons can be seen bringing produce to the markets. New Street Station opened on 1 June 1854. During World War II the station suffered considerable bomb damage. The station was rebuilt in the 1960’s, completed in 1967 and since then has been completely redeveloped, officially opening in 2015.
Birmingham Museums Trust/Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery,
|Usage Rights:||CC0 - Public Domain|
|Size:||25.05 MB; 3360 x 2600 pixels; 284 x 220 mm (print at 300 DPI); 889 x 688 mm (screen at 96 DPI);|